Hotchkis Brothers Porsche 962 and Challenger 340 T/A

Hotchkis Brothers Porsche 962 and Challenger 340 T/A

Mark and John Hotchkis bring in a couple of cool cars. One is their IMSA turbo Porsche 962. They most recently won the Monterey Historics with this car, and the other is a 1970 Dodge Challenger 340 T/A which has been fitted with their handling package. For more info on the Hotchkis cars and suspension hit them at www.hotchkis.net

Hotchkis Video

Quick Links

Quick Link to Mark and John Hotchkis, Gary Bobileff and Les Canaday
Quick Link to Adam and Jerry O’Connell talk 1973 Buick Centurion
Quick Link to Adam’s Paul Newman IMSA Nissan 300ZX

16 Responses to “Hotchkis Brothers Porsche 962 and Challenger 340 T/A”

1. JS says:

Great video this week. These guys seem cool, they’d probably make a great regular guest.

2. Brian says:

That Porsche gives my erection a boner!

3. carbon fiber diet says:

Now THIS is what I’m talkin’ about! Thanks, you guys!
    Lovin’ this IMSA 962 and that Porsche Can-Am monster you guys featured in another video.
    Keep up the good work!

4. Dan Hungarian says:

Jesus Mary and Joseph that Porsche is a beautiful car!

And great job (I’m assuming Donny) on the editing! Liked the cut to the two Porsche 977s, nice touch. Maybe you could do more of that when other cars are referenced in future videos?

You’re getting better and better and it shows on the video quality. Keep up the great work and keep the Carcast coming!

Dan

5. Gabe says:

Great stuff guys, I love everything Adam does.

Weez, you might look into getting a steadicam… google these two…
    1) Modosteady 585
    2) $14 Steadycam The Poor Mans Steadicam

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing!

Gabe –

The $14 Dollar version is pretty slick. I think that will be a project that gets added to the long list of things to do. It seems you can buy the $14 version for $39 but what fun would it be if you didn’t make it yourself!

The Weez uses a mono-pod that can easily be modded to work like the $14 steady-cam and still be high tech. I hate the plumbing pipe stuff this might be just the best of it all, and no plumbing pipe :)

6. Scott says:

Are we gonna see Ace at the SEMA show!?

So far the idea is very high on the list of things we want to do, I’m pretty sure we will be at SEMA but not ‘Inked’ yet. Anyone have some comp rooms at the 4 Season or wynn that might help ;)

7. Luke says:

The cheap steadycam works pretty well. Donnie, have a look at the podcast that CBC Radio 3 does – they’re able to put album covers, pictures of artists, all kinds of shit on their podcast. HOW they do it, I don’t know, but it would be great to look at a photo of the ride Adam is talking about.

Luke
    Seattle

8. Mr. Fister says:

Great video. Thanks for all of the work guys! Did these dudes drive the Porsche to the shop or transport it? Would be sweet seeing that on the road

9. Alex says:

I walk by Monte Shelton’s little car museum (across from his Jaguar dealership) here in Portland every day on my way to work. He used to have a Porsche that looked exactly like the one above. Are these cars related or was that a prevalent livery of the time?

10. Ian says:

Wow…the 962 sounded amazing…literally beautiful sound. Rock! Excellent show this time around. Would have loved to hear that engine go to 8K RPM….

11. Ed says:

Adam Carolla is the best. Thanks to Mark and John for bringing their 962 out for this video. Hopefully I will win the lottery soon and I will be able to buy a 962 and race Mark next year. Imsa’s GTP cars were the best.

12. Sam K says:

The 962 is amazing! One of my all time favorite cars.