Adam’s Miura

Adam’s Miura

It’s finally here, and not a minute too soon. This episode we haul down to Bobileff Motorcar Company to pick up Adam’s restored Miura. We take you through a bit of the work done on the car as well as a chat with Gary Bobileff who performed the work on the car. In the true spirit of Carolla, this car has been worked out to be a masterpiece work of automotive art. The Miura S has been modified to be more like the SV model, wider fenders, and much of the SV treatment. Some special touches include wider front and rear rims (with matching vintage tires) to fill out the wheel wells. And just for fun we tossed in Adam firing up an ultra rare Lamborghini SV/J (Jota). Check out the picture gallery for the journey…

Check out Bobileff Motorcars Website Here – www.bobileff.com

Video Of the Miura Run

106 Responses to “Adam’s Miura”

1. jarrod says:

Hi

Is there any chance that you can set up the carcast as a Videocast? I usually listen on the train and done want to lug my laptop around when i could have it on my ipod.
    thanks
    j

2. Spike 415 says:

The car came out well! Did you use that silver sound deadening material on the bare interior, I forget what’s it called?

The guy that did the restro seems like a cold fish.

I’m not sure if they used the Dynamat , but likely doesn’t need it as it’s about the noise ;)

Gary is OK, especially after dealing with us the many times we rolled down to his shop!

3. Cus says:

Ace,
    Beautiful job on the Miura…LOVE THE ITALIAN FLAVA! A work of art. Happiness is being the first one to fart in it! Enjoy!

4. John says:

Looks like Sandy is one of the many uninformed drivers in this town. If you have that trailer thingy on your vehicle, you get the two right lanes to use, with the exception of a few miles approaching or leaving an interchange. Just look to the Tractor trailers to see whats allowed, they’re practically Einstein by comparison on this one.

• SharkDriver says:

Yeah, I saw a couple grandma’s pass them on the right! LOL

All I was thinking that I had better take it easy on this pull, since, not only is it a crazy expensive car, but it’s fresh from the shop. Don’t need to be having an ‘incident’ with the Mirua on my trailer ;)

Ha!

Here’s the deal, if I read and followed every VC for the state of California I would have to stay home. People are not supposed to text, put on makeup, etc, How’s that working? Have been towing car trailers for many many years and the only ticket was for excessive speed while towing an empty trailer, and it was totally justified. But good to know as a refresher.

5. Aubs says:

I can’t believe that anyone would put the “bling bling”, shiny gold on the wheels/ panels. Perfect choice goin with a more mild touch.

6. Lucas says:

What does it mean to “split” a rim? Can you actually widen 1pc wheels? That’s what it seems like you did.

• Ahren says:

Yes, you can. I’ve seen this done on some high end Japanese super cars (a Supra comes to mind) Its a matter of cutting the wheel, welding in a piece to make it wider and there you go… I’m making it sound easier than it is, but I’d like to point out that Adam’s 1 1/2″ is a mild addition. I’ve seen upwards of 5″ added before.

7. Greg Birch says:

Beautiful car! I was sort of put off with the yellow. Love the blue. Nicely done.

Looking foreword to hearing a nice tone from the motor.

8. Marco says:

Better not let the Mrs. see this video… she may not be impressed when you drop 150k into a car and still have problems starting it. Keep the shiny side up!

9. Waves says:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ray as The Stig… Priceless.

10. bigtitsmagee727 says:

Thanks for the info on the top gear. I now have a reason to live… or at least get basic cable again. Too bad about Tanner. He is supper cool. We actually interviewed him at a rally in michigan and he was really cool.
    The best thing about the brit show is that they don’t pull any punches as far as the car reviews go. I always feel like our magazines over here are always holding back on what they really think. Keep up the good work Adam. Love the car. Blue and gold look awsome.

11. Alan says:

I really enjoy Carolla’s Carcast. It is the right mix of humor and cars that makes Top Gear great. I hope Carolla does it, but I’d like to see some other car guys who also share Carolla’s sense of humor and passion for cars. I’d love to see Alonzo Boden try to fill the shoes of James May. Boden is rather laid back like May, and seems to enjoy a little more luxury and style in his cars. For the third, I think Frankie Muniz might be fun. He hasn’t proven to be a phenom in his racing career, but surely he has the skill to move a car around the track. He has a good on-air presence. And Carolla and Boden would skewer him as the youngster who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Just my thoughts.

12. Muslcefixer says:

Sandy,
    Who made that trailer. First time I’ve seen one that the fenders pop off like that. Very nice touch.
    I was hoping Adam wasn’t gonna put a ding on that new door by forgetting about the fenders. Doh!

13. B Dilly says:

Great episode. That was fun to be a fly on the wall for the drive down. But seriously, that fucking blue Muira is the most beautiful fucking car I’ve ever seen!!!!! GOD DAMN THAT CAR IS SWEET!!!!! I want to make a pile of money just to get a Muira. God bless Lamborghini in the 70′s.

14. Feast Japan says:

Finish looks spot on perfect. Very well done and worth the money in the end.
    Perhaps in the future we can get you into a classic KPGC10 Nissan Skyline “Hakosuka”

Adam