The Grand National Roadster Show

The Grand National Roadster Show

Ganz runs solo traveling down to the 2010 Grand National Roadster show. He brings along some friends, and talks with Jimmy Shine of So-Cal Speed Shop, Bodie Stroud of BS Hot Rods, Steve Strope of Pure Vision Design, Troy Ladd of Hollywood Hot Rods, and finally the Ring Brothers. Lots of cars, some odd and the usual fun conversation you would expect, we may even have a roadster in the show. Enjoy!

Check out the Websites of people we met at the show -

Special thanks to Raffi “Mr. A” for the photographs

Video of the Grand National Roadster Show

Build Books at the 2010 Grand National Roadster Show

Steve Strope at 2010 Grand National Roadster Show

BS Industries at 2010 Grand National Roadster Show

Hollywood Hot Rods at the 2010 Grand National Roadster Show

So-Cal Speed Shop at the2010 Grand National Roadster Show

Ringbrothers at the 2010 Grand National Roadster Show

26 Responses to “The Grand National Roadster Show”

1. Larry MF Jenkins says:

Troy Ladd is a Douchebag with a Capital D. Get a sense of humor you dick-smack! Maybe your brain is made of cheese? What a fucking retard! Arrogant ass lick!

• Cleveland Steamer says:

You dumbass…it’s called humor. It was a joke. Sandy always shit that makes no sense. Troy just happen to call him on it. I thought it was fucking hilarious. Nice show guys!

2. Joe says:

I love how Ladd could not comprehend the jokes. Moron.

3. professor says:

Donnie, the heading of this podcast should be Roadster. not Roadser.

4. brad says:

I love the grill work on pictures 60-61. Personally, I got the cheese joke but Troy was just in business mode and had his sense of humour turned off…maybe he took cheese as ‘cheezy’ rather than the food and was offended…regardless, he could have been a little more graceful.

Good on CarCast for leaving that bit in…I like that this podcast stays a little rough around the edges.

Looks like the hotrod look for men in California is faded jeans and bowling shirts with car logo’s on them….some of those guys have to untuck those shirts…oh so 80′s.

5. hoen says:

great show. I know its been said already, but Troy…what a dipshit…

You guys should look up Bo Huff. great guy, builds great cars. You can ask him one question and he might talk all day.

I know he used to go to the Oakland show

6. Steve from Sac town says:

Made of cheese, AWESOME!!!!!!

7. pumpernickel says:

I see comments ganging up on Troy, but that cheese quip from Sandy was well… cheesy. Good show overall though and it is great to hear Sandy becoming more comfortable as the front man.

Troy was cool, we had a lot of fun, and not to be a spoiler, we headed down to Troy’s place and have more shots of his cars. He was fun with it, just may not have been ready for it when I tossed it out. We beat the dead horse with him on it, and all fun, and Troy is a good guy!

8. WhatTheWhat says:

Regarding the label of the Scarliner, I could be wrong, but aren’t ’55-’57 Chevys shoe boxes? Not blue ovals?

9. Andy90 says:

Another cool podcast. The video adds a hell of a lot.

10. Dave says:

Comprehend what jokes? Cheese? WTF? really? that just did not make any sense. It was a random desperate attempt at humor and Troy rolled with it. I thought it looked like Sandy and Troy had were just playing off eachother and having a good time. I thought that was the most entertaining of the interviews. Lighten up bitches.

11. Dave says:

By the way geniuses can someone explain the “cheese” joke to me.

It was a bad joke, but it came out when Troy mentioned that this car was made of something special or something like that, well what cheese? Made no sense it was just what came out. And Troy was all good with the fun as well, so all good.

• Dave says:

Thanks Carcast. I appreciate the explanation. By the way, I really enjoyed Troy Ladd interview. Looking forward to the Hollywood Hot Rods shop tour.

12. Jim says:

I’m a die-hard fan of the show, but we definately need Ace asking the questions! Sandy is great at what he does, but it was a bit painful to listen to… just be yourself and don’t try to force the “Adam” humor! You obviously know your stuff. By the way Sandy, what’s your background? How can you afford all the cars you have had over the years? I got a job and have to just look at others peoples cars!

13. Shane says:

Nice show Sandy. Good to keep the show going while Ace is away!!

14. Kevin says:

Adam, Sandy and Donny:
    Love the show(s). Just read this story on Jalopnik… would make an interesting guest on CarCast.

15. Gary says:

Way to go Troy…… I loved the interview with Sandy and the Cheese thing. For all u haters out their Troy is a great guy with an excellent sense of humor. He was rolling with a very unnfunny joke….He made a none funny situation funny…..I really liked his end of interview remark “Hollywood Hot Rods where we do not make cars out of cheese.”