Carolla and Ganz on the Phone Again!

Carolla and Ganz on the Phone Again!

Show Summary

Being Lazy, and getting out of town soon, we decided on bringing you a beloved CarCast Phone Session. Adam and Sandy chat about the Monterey Historics, and answer questions on how much and how often… Enjoy!

16 Responses to “Carolla and Ganz on the Phone Again!”

1. mike says:

Ace, you talked about sellers/dealers making a new owner sit with seller while they get a checkoff on the operations and instructions on how new car functions.I have bought two bmw x-5 for the wife in the past 10 years. Each time the dealer/salesman made her sit in the car and went over the manual and introduction to the accessories and specs on car. Yes it should be mandatory with all sales of caes.

2. Hugh Gasol says:

This chick I know came over in her new VW Touareg, she needed gas but could’nt open the door. We looked for the fuel door switch everwhere, and she did’nt have the book in the car. She told me later that when the car off the fuel door is push switch activated. Of course when she was over the car had to on to listen to some crappy music.

3. Shawn says:

Good Show. I thought the standard route for souping up a Z-car was the Chevy 350 swap.?

4. Chris from Lakeland, FL says:

Professor, look closely at the Forester pic; what is that on the roof rack, pubic hair dyed an environmentally concious green?

Good show!

5. Charles says:

Great race. 10 laps of awesome… 7th place in the group but of the cars of that class in that group I would saw first. Adam can really drive quite well. With a little more massaging of the car he could have been up in the head of the pack. Thanks Adam, Donny, Sandy, Les, and Eric (I think)

6. dustin says:

So, I haven’t heard any collector car of the week advice, I love those. I’ve been wondering if they would reccomend a sports car for a fellow tall man. at 6’6 I can’t fit into much, but I’d love a true modern sports car that won’t fit like a sardine can.

7. roy says:

it was pretty cool to see you guys at the races. i cant wait to see the in car footage of the battle with the 3 red alphas

8. Mark Bench says:

HA, I work at a Subaru Shop…if it is a turbo forester 3750 miles

NA cars maybe 5k for the forester

and you would love my Boss’s 83 turbo Subaru brat!

and I do not think there is a change oil light on the forester.

• camaroz1985 says:

The 2010 Forester (non turbo) is the first change at 3000 miles, and then 7500, and every 7500 after that (that is the minimum, 3750 is recommended).

There is no oil life monitor as in other cars. The only oil light is for low oil pressure. Don’t use that as a low oil, or oil change indicator.

9. Sean H says:

Hi, Adam (or whoever reads this) I took your advice and got a 04 G35 coupe which I love. I changed the sway bars and added a few braces and was thiking about taking to Streets of Willow. I was just wondering what you think if I should keep tinkering with the car or just invest in a miata or something to have fun at the track with. Thanks!

• roy says:

i have a 350z and i highly suggest getting some wheels for that car. i have 18×9.5 and 18×10.5 with 245/40 and 275/40 hankook v12evo tires. that will bring the biggest difference and the hankooks are a very decent and inexpensive tire. as far as wheels i would suggest avoiding varstoens & rotas and get a nice set of enkei rpf1’s.

10. Love the story of Ace’s search for the dip stick.

I had another “read the manual first dumb arse” episode recently.

my battery was flat, so went to buy jumper leads, asked the older (wiser?) sale person for instruction.

he said follow the instruction on the jumper leads, he rubber stamped this by saying he was an ex 25+ year roadside mechanic!!

did as he said, only to have no luck! I finally went to the car’s manual where it stated I risked damaging the car following the “expert’s” instruction!!!

Great Show

Cheers.

• Charles says:

Some cars now have modular plugs to jump start. I ran across a Mercedes with this and just wound up putting the car up on a floor jack, connecting ground to a lug on the block and uncovering the supply side of the starter solenoid and connecting to that. The terminals on the battery itself were so small that after I actually found it I could not get a grip on them to effectively jump it. Fortunately my starter idea worked and worked very well.

11. Tyler Durden says:

ADAM!!!

Willy T. Ribbs to rekindle racing career

Willy T Ribbs is back with the spinners!!!!

See this link…

12. Say, you got a nice article post.Thanks Again. Really Great.