Dan Greenawalt of Forza Motorsports

Dan Greenawalt of Forza Motorsports

Dan Greenawalt is a developer of the video game Forza Motorsport. Dan’s a genuine car enthusiast and discusses how real-world data and experiences are studied and built into the Forza video game series. For cars of the week, we have a quick look at the Audi R8 10-cylinder that Dan showed up in and also a Cadillac CTS-V.

Play

Show Credits

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana

10 Responses to “Dan Greenawalt of Forza Motorsports”

1. Forza 4 is where I get to drive my pretend collection BMW’s csl batmobile, e30 m3 racer and ’74 2002 turbo. Good times.

2. Charlie Rose says:

Two of my three cars have crank windows. 2011 Ford Fiesta – cranks. 1998 Nissan Frontier – cranks. 2012 Ford Focus – automatic. I don’t mind them at all, and in some ways prefer the manual windows.

3. RocketJohn says:

Cadillac has come a long way, good to see them back in the mix of cool cars with mondo power.

The last vehicle I remember owning that had rollups was my 78 FJ40 Land Cruiser and my 86 Toyota Pickup…

I am a Sony PS Gran Turismo fanboy, but I enjoyed learning about Forza and the crazy amount of detail and hard work that goes into that game. I have played it and the GT series could learn a few fun things about how mods, rare models and menu systems should be designed.

Another informative, entertaining episode. Thanks Matt and Ace!

4. I have the suspicion that Forza Horizon is going to…

5. Huge Forza fan – its the reason I own the car I have now and most all of my car knowledge begins with this game. Looking forward to the future of Forza and glad Adam could talk cars with these guys.

6. K-Man Pilkers says:

Another great episode, guys. I’ve logged many hours into Forza 4 and love it as a way to unwind at the end of the day. One of my favorite things about the game is that the sound of the cars is absolutely fantastic on a good surround sound.

I can’t agree more on the “save the manuals” front. I was recently in the market for a new vehicle and it seems that with many cars, the only ones with available manual transmissions are the base models with the referenced crank windows. I want a manual because I’m a fan of driving one, not because I can’t afford an automatic. I’m in my 20s and of my friends, only a handful even know how to drive a manual. People can drive whatever they want, but I fear that with fewer and fewer people knowing how to drive them, they’re going to become only more increasingly difficult to find in years to come.

7. Jason says:

Listening now, and just heard the comment Dan made about wanting his game to be help young kids learn how to drive earlier. Man good for him, that’s a great endeavor.

PS Save the manuals!!! Wife and I both drive 6 speed manuals. We love them.

8. Pete Damalechne says:

Look at the close up picture of the key fob. The GM build quality is shining through on the chrome trim behind the key it’s scratched to hell already on a brand new car.

9. trollers says:

certainly like your web site however you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I will surely come back again.

10. ilynh says:

My girlfriend just bought a used Toyota Yaris with a manual transmission, and manual windows and door locks. They do exist.

Very happy she bought the manual transmission.