The Bruce Meyer Collection

The Bruce Meyer Collection

Car enthusiast Bruce Meyer gives us a tour of his amazing car and motorcycle collection. He has a wide variety of cars, from hot rods to a gull wing Mercedes to a hemi-powered drag racer to the famous So-Cal Speed Shop belly tank.

Play

Show Credits

Producer: Jeff Fox
Audio Engineer: Chris Laxamana

California Highway Patrol 11-99 Foundation http://www.chp11-99.org/
Petersen Automotive Museum http://petersen.org/

16 Responses to “The Bruce Meyer Collection”

1. edebolt says:

That video clip of the museum.. Just about the best 40 mins I can remember… Pure magic. Thanks Aceman and Matt!

2. Chris from Lakeland says:

Pretty special batch of toys. I look forward to getting the stories on some of the others.

3. Greg Birch says:

Oh the green Jag, be still my heart. Perfect vehicle……….perfect.

4. Hugh says:

Who wants a house, I could live in that garage for the rest of my life.

I’d Do Anything for These Cars (But I Won’t Do That)

5. Marc says:

Bruce is a true “Gear head” and as a fan I really appreciate the fact he shares his passion and collection. With his diverse collection, he usually has a car at the concourse as well as the smaller “hot rod” and local events. The world needs more “Bruce Meyer’s”…

6. What an awesome collection – eclectic, but hitting all the high points! Thanks for sharing.

@Greg Birch: Ping me if you’re ever in central Oregon… we’ll go for a drive in my E-type. ;)

–chuck

7. Raoul Duke PhD says:

Wow. Great segment. That Gullwing is absolutely gorgeous!

8. pixelaided says:

Mmmmmmmmmm…935.

9. ChicagoCarollaFan says:

One of the most interesting car related videos I have ever seen, thanks to CarCast for shooting this.

10. CinciTravis says:

Good job. Nice and very selective collection. Quality over quantity.

11. BRUCE,

BRUCE YOU HAVE THE BEST COLLECTORS CAR IN THE WORLD.

THE AGIE # 98 INDY WINNER. MY FAVORITE ALL TIME

• Rex Montana says:

Density-wise, yes he does; there are more (in number) amazing cars in that room than you could imagine.

I don’t think he would appreciate that though, not that sort of appreciation.

“Best” is a dumb word.

12. honky lips says:

great show, cant wait for the return show on the other cars & bikes in that garage.

13. Ethan Snyder says:

Thank you for sharing this amazing tour. Gotta love how Adam brings up Newman’s Z31 racecar at the end…!

14. Rex Montana says:

I usually make snide remarks, but I am bettered by this. So not today. No silly snide comments today.

This was better than anything in Jay’s garage b/c the cars were obviously higher quality, an overwhelming quality; the collection has focus.

One common denominator to the collection was the adjective “lithe”. I was stunned by that. The Ferrari he showed after the Cobra was hypnotic. “Small hips” he said.

Let’s pretend there is a Sports Car Museum for the “people”. No BS, just sports cars, light, sweet, sports cars — amazing pieces of machinery and your price to ride is: $500 for 2 minutes in the parking lot.

(Of course they would steal it. Of course they would. It would never work.)
    Share your wealth with fellow enthusiasts.

Good job. Thanks.

• Rex Montana says:

I like how Adam corrected himself. Audi are the people making diesel racers today, not peugeot, which sounds like a thank-you fart.